What do I need to apply?
Incorporated companies or partnerships are preferred. If you don’t have one, you will be required to incorporate a Hong Kong registered business entity upon admission. You will need sufficient funds, or fundraising potential, to operate for at least one year. The passion and ambition to succeed is also important.
What is the difference between on-site and off-site incubation?
On-site incubatees get a rent-free office at Cyberport. Off-site participants have to work from their own premises.
Can I start off-site then move on-site?
Yes, if there is working space available for you at Cyberport.
How does the application process work?
Submit application > Initial screening > Vetting > Presnetation > Results announcement > Sign agreement > Get started
Is there an application fee?
No, there is no fee for the application process.
What do I need to include in the application?
1. Company background
2. Project background (including market analysis)
3. Project / product information
4. Revenue / marketing plan
5. Implementation plan / development milestones
6. Financial plan
7. Core team member credentials
What do you need to know about my project?
You need to share:
1. Project title or product name
2. Detailed description of your project or product
3. The goals you want to achieve
4. The process of how you will achieve it. Uniqueness, market niche and creativity, as well as innovation, are all important to success.
Will you keep my idea a secret?
All applications are treated with strict confidentiality. Successful applicants may be required to share their ideas with a broader audience.
What should I include in my revenue and marketing plan?
You should show us your:
1. Target market and target audience
2. Business model
3. SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat) analysis
Should I share my development process?
Yes, you must include development milestones – specific, realistic action plans to reach 6-month objectives throughout the development process.
What should I include in the financial plan?
Your budget should include projected income and expenditure on a monthly basis up to product launch, or the end of the incubation period, whichever is later. Figures should realistically reflect the market situation. In general, expenditure will include personnel, equipment, marketing and other office expenses.
What other information should I share?
Your application process may have a better chance of success with:
1. A 1-minute video clip/presentation/slideshow that highlights the opportunity you foresee
2. Samples and demonstrations of your previous work, or pilot studies or research
3. Any track records, successes and relevant experience of key team members
When can I apply?
We accept applications all year round, applications received will be processed in three batches.
Where can I get more information?
You’re always welcome to contact us any time during office hours at (852) 3166-3900, or via email at email@example.com.
Call (852) 3166-3900 during office hours